We’re Hiring! Human Resources Manager and Outreach Coordinator
The South Royalton Market is looking for a highly motivated individual capable of fulfilling a dual-capacity full-time role in a fast-growing food coop in an active and vibrant community.
The role of Human Resources Manager will support the mission of the South Royalton Market by maintaining and strengthening human resources. In this capacity, this person will report to
the Board of Directors and collaborate with the General Manager to promote a safe, engaging, and stimulating workplace. Responsibilities include:
Market policies and procedures
● Update human resources policies, including recruiting and interviewing procedures, and job requirements and descriptions.
● Assist and advise the General Manager on new employee recruitment, screening, interviewing, and selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews.
● Enhance, and assist in conducting, orientation and training programs.
● Manage employee benefits programs.
● Identify professional development opportunities for Market staff.
● Maintain all human resources records and ensure their confidentiality.
● Maintain positive employee relations.
● Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance by coaching and supporting department managers.
● Coordinate and participate in staff meetings; communicate regularly with staff on benefits, policies, and procedures; counsel employees and their supervisors.
The Outreach Coordinator promotes the concepts of cooperation and community within the South Royalton Market and the broader community. Responsibilities include:
● Manage the monthly Members Appreciation Day and other initiatives to educate
shoppers and the community about local products and recipes available at the Market.
● Develop and coordinate outreach programs and events with local schools.
● Improve and manage the Market’s social media presence.
● Communicate with the Market’s members through monthly newsletters.
● Coordinate donations to food shelves.
In order to successfully fulfill both capacities, the person fulfilling this role will need to be able to
work both independently as well as in concert with the General Manager, Department Managers, Market employees (total staff of over 20), and the Board of Directors. In addition to
the necessary background experience of managing Human Resources and the expectation of staying current with Human Resources regulations and best practices, the person fulfilling this
role will also be comfortable using all products within the Microsoft Office Suite, social media apps (e.g., Facebook and Twitter), and basic web apps (e.g., WordPress).
The right candidate will be organized and efficient; approachable, patient, and friendly; professional but not above being out in the store to talk to customers; comfortable giving and receiving feedback. S/he/they will be able to manage the day-to-day while also planning and implementing improvements.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com or
South Royalton Market
PO Box 239
South Royalton, VT 05068